Day of Action: 10/04/2016
A delegation proudly hand delivering 6,069 signed postcards for lawmakers signifies American constituents across the United States throughout September supporting the Adoptee Citizenship Act.
A Day of Action. The Adoptee Citizenship Act will grant citizenship to an estimated 35,000 adoptees who were adopted by US citizen parents as children.
Justin Ki Hong, an adoptee without citizenship, will be a leader of this delegation. He said, “Sharing my story and being part of the effort to pass the Adoptee Citizenship Act helps me believe that something positive can finally come from all of what I went through…I ask you to support the Adoptee Citizenship Act today!” Read more of Justin’s story.
The Adoptee Citizenship Act remedies a key bureaucratic loophole in the law and recognizes all intercountry adoptees as fellow Americans raised in American families. Read More
Join Justin and thousands of others across the country by urging members of Congress to co-sponsor our bill and move it out of the Judiciary committee by:
- Calling your Member of Congress on October 4th. The delegation’s visit will be significantly amplified when offices receive thousands of calls at the same time. Five minute calls are how you can help. Find your representative(s) by clicking: Call Congress
- Share via social media to urge others to call. Follow us on Twitter at @AdopteeRC for updates on the delegation in DC & overall campaign
- Donate to the Adoptee Rights Campaign to support postcard printing and postage costs and the travel costs of Justin’s delegation by Paypal or credit card.
Thank you for your support! Together we can achieve justice for Justin and all adoptees!
Share your own story (adoptees without citizenship, parent(s) of adoptee(s) without citizenship, etc) Email firstname.lastname@example.org (Please write “Story Collection” in the Subject line).
Note: Remember to spread the word via social media using the #citizenshipforalladoptees
For more information, email us at email@example.com.
- Summary of the Family is More Than DNA postcard campaign in English
- 가족은 유전자 그 이상입니다 – 엽서 캠페인 개요 in Korean (한국어)|
Universal Phone Script to Call Congress
09/05/2016 Press Release
09/02/2016 Media Advisory (English)
09/02/2016 Media Advisory (Korean)
Call to Action: October 4, 2016
Updated on 2016-10-09T21:35:54+00:00, by .